Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training, while being Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for sourcing, managing and closing business opportunities that support Big Nerd Ranch’s (BNR) service offerings. The BDM will own all inbound sales leads but will also have a Sales Development Representative (SDR) as a direct report that will assist the BDM with new business meeting acquisition efforts.
The BDM is responsible for running a minimum of a $3M revenue business. They will work with a Client Solutions Architect and Practice Leads (Project Management, Experience Strategy, UI/UX and Engineering ) to assist with presentations, proposal development and estimating to move opportunities through the sales pipeline and closure.
- Work with the office sales leadership and sales development representative to create a sales plan which includes a regional strategy, is tied to a targeted account list, and includes how to cultivate the growth of existing accounts
- Create a pipeline of opportunities within the named account list
- Collaborate with the office sales leadership to develop the proper pursuit team for each opportunity
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, etc.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, offerings, and client presence
- Work with the Director of Sales and Practice Leads on billing rates and pricing structure for each opportunity
- Successfully negotiate Statement of Work (SOW) terms and conditions with prospects and clients
- Maintain customer relationships through meetings, networking, consultative sessions, and bringing other BNR team members, either local or corporate, into the process
- Understand the proposed strategy and is able to suggest tactical changes as per the changing business environment or client requirements
- Engage in client conversations to understand client needs and inform/educate about BNR capabilities
- Work effectively with Operations and Program Management to ensure forecast accuracy and maintenance
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain key client relationships by having regular contact with all assigned accounts, gaining trust and having hard conversations
- Act as one of the key interfaces with the client when dealing with escalated issues
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with all assigned accounts
Qualifications And Requirements
- High School graduate/Diploma required, College preferred
- Hunter mentality with a strong focus on new business development
- 7-10+ years of solution sales experience (services) in Technology Consulting, Design Research, User Experience, Enterprise Technology, and/or Digital Marketing
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community, executive sponsors, and the BNR team
- Customer-centric, relationship-driven
- Highly collaborative, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to pipeline and hire high-performing business development professionals
- Strong ability to coach and mentor business development professionals to achievement of high performance
- Ability to accurately forecast revenue and sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Knowledge of CRM systems, SalesForce a plus
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k) matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly, and learning-based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions in Atlanta HQ
- At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.