Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch is the leader in building authentically useful digital products for our clients, and teaching them to do the same. When you need a sustainable digital solution to your business pain points, , grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end product development solutions--iOS, Android, full-stack web, UI/UX design, experience research, project strategy, and QA testing--to solve a wide range of business needs. Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this while being Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
As an Experience Designer, you are proactive in finding ways to increase the quality of your work, and you understand how to operate on a cross-functional product team. You are fluent with the suite of tools we use and know where and to whom you should go to increase that proficiency.
The Experience Designer is responsible for the production and delivery of creative design deliverables and making the connection between business needs and user experience driven design. This role imagines and specifies navigation, framework, and basic page design through sketches, wireframes, IA maps, task flows.
You enjoy designing and building highly innovative user experiences and solving challenging problems. You are self-motivated and a good time-manager, allowing you to have a high capacity (and appetite) for complex work.
- Able to translate client’s goals and user needs into actionable design work, like user flows, maps, wireframes, sketches and prototypes.
- Ensure the quality of design deliverables by reviewing work internally and receiving feedback.
- Present design solutions to clients and internal product teams.
- Participate and in some cases lead discovery workshops and exercises that elucidate the client’s vision, goals, and the user needs.
- Execute against the creative direction and brand style of the client.
- Deliver detailed specifications to the internal product team and the client so that the solutions can be reasonably implemented.
- Support and collaborate with your peers in the product team by collectively resolving issues and working towards a high level of quality.
You’ll Be Successful in this Role if You Have
- 2-5 years of professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar role.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
- Experience creating web and mobile applications with multiple user touch points on different platforms and devices.
- Abreast of UI design best practices, trends and techniques, especially in native mobile applications
- Awareness and some understanding of the agile software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
- At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.