Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training, while being Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team. This candidate must reside in the United States. This candidate can work 100% remote from home.
- Implement and test responsive, cross-platform web applications.
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code.
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate closely with teammates and clients to balance the desire for technical excellence with the need for delivery.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, contributing to open-source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:
- Communicate effectively by text, video, and voice, including switching modalities to maximize effectiveness.
- Deeply understand the Ruby programming language, the Rails framework, and libraries like Resque and RSpec
- Are familiar with architectural concepts like MVC and RESTful and testing concepts like stubbing and mocking
- Experience with deploying applications to PaaS platforms like Heroku and/or with container technologies like Kubernetes
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions
- At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.