At Big Nerd Ranch we empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this through our signature immersive bootcamps, our quality online trainings, our elite consulting capabilities and our best selling Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
We have a vision to build relationships that drive partnerships with 20 Fortune 500 companies and train 200,000 designers and engineers by 2020. How are we going to do it? It’s all our people -- we only hire the best. We are passionate about spreading learning to software developers through online delivery. We then live through our values. We are a community of Nerds who are Brilliant and Curious, Hard-working and Accountable, Kind and Authentic.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our community to help build and grow a product that complements our in-person training and helps developers level up.
Sound appealing? Learn more about us.
As a Product Manager, you will…
- Grow our subscriber-base (through acquisition and retention) and content library by collaborating with marketing and assisting our content producers to create relevant, practical, useful screencasts and supporting content
- Manage product line and individual product P&L.
- Solicit and act on feedback via direct communication, support channels, and data from real subscribers and stakeholders and prioritize into features, content, and process changes to the way we develop all aspects of the product
- Lead the content and platform teams using agile methodologies: daily standups, weekly kickoffs, prioritization, estimation, and on-going project and product management: feature specification, clarification, simplification, and other techniques
- Retain and engage our community through marketing channels such as subscriber newsletters, social media and other key platforms
- Identify opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy for all online products and cross-promotion with other Big Nerd Ranch services
- Prioritize the backlog for content, platform, and marketing to manage trade-offs for features and additions (or subtractions) that impact the platform, customers, admins/support, and subscriber acquisition
- Manage the roadmap and feature backlog (drive prioritization)
- Measure success by developing and tracking key metrics
- Create, manage and support projects for new product development and product improvements/enhancements.
As a candidate, you...
- Have 2-5 years experience working as a Product Manager in a modern software development or related enterprise environment
- Are familiar with Software Development Product Management practices and agile methodologies, specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development, and continuous deployment
- Have experience working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Know how to collaborate with developers and content producers on deadlines. Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Have experience conducting user research and testing to understand needs
- Have experience identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value and get fired up about achieving those goals.
- Understand how markets, competition, and customer/stakeholder requirements affect product development. Experience conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Have exposure with marketing technologies, marketing automation, SalesForce and Pardot a plus
- Have proven ability to define and articulate product vision and strategy, including creation and maintenance of roadmaps.
- Can effectively communicate product performance to the organization.
- Have experience with implementing go-to-market plans in coordination with product marketing from product positioning and pricing to support and distribution.
You might also (nice-to-haves)...
- Have experience in software developer tooling or products for software developers, e-learning, or related industries
- Know product management techniques such as CIRCLE, Product Roadmaps, Business Model Canvas, or others
- Be passionate about speaking publicly or blogging regularly
- Have experience managing subscription-based products and can calculate LTV and CAC with only some minor googling for reference
The benefits we offer to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- Any hardware, software or services you need to do your job are always 100% on us.
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued
At Big Nerd Ranch you will make a difference and contribute to the development community in interesting ways. Are you up to the challenge?