Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in client app development and expert instruction from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or web app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Here at Big Nerd Ranch our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training, while being Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic and Accountable.
We are seeking a Sales Development Representative to join our team here at Big Nerd Ranch. This individual will be responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying new clients and opportunities from an outbound sales perspective. This resource is eligible to work remotely but must reside in Atlanta, GA and/or the Southeast region of the United States.
- Identify and contact prospective clients using prospecting strategies, including cold-calling and emailing
- Schedule quality meetings with top-tier contacts through consistent and creative outreach
- Research potential clients and identify key information to prepare Business Development Managers for sales opportunities
- Coordinate meeting logistics and prepare meeting prep materials
- Assist Business Development Managers throughout the evaluation process to assure prospective clients receive the highest quality service and have an optimal experience
You’ll be successful in this role if:
- High school graduate/diploma required, college degree preferred
- 1-3 years of professional experience, including internship and externship roles
- Previous outbound sales experience a plus
- Highly self-motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, research and time management skills
- Strong client service ethic
- Knowledge of CRM systems a plus
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Complete 50+ pieces of outbound activity per day (phone calls and emails) in an effort to generate new sales opportunities
- Update SalesForce, Outreach, Hubspot and other sales tools daily
- Leverage sales tools such as Linkedin Sales Navigator and ZoomInfo to network with potential customers
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- This is an individual contributor role that reports to a Business Development Manager (BDM) who values active coaching
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and BDM
- Report to BDM with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
- Achieve and exceed weekly/monthly metrics (tasks completed and completed meetings)
- Participate in daily training/sales meetings
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k) matching, short- and long-term disability
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly, and learning-based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site personal training sessions in Atlanta HQ
- At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, kind, and hardest working people in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products, and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch, a subsidiary of projekt202, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.